Manual Handling Course
- May 1, 2020
- Course Is Run Monthly. Contact Us For Next Course Date
- This Course Is Currently Being Run Virtually Over Video Link.
- 01 820 0678
The legislation requires that every employer must take appropriate organisational measures or use appropriate means, in particular mechanical aids. The Manual Handling course is designed to provide participants with the knowledge and skills to conduct all manual handling activities in a manner that will prevent injury.
The course deals with informing participants on the consequences of lifting incorrectly, the philosophy being that if one persons understand the consequences of incorrect lifting they will pay more attention to lifting correctly.
A maximum of 12 participants can take part.
Please be advised that the theory element of this training course is currently being run virtually over secure video conferencing link.
On completion of the course participants will be able to:
- Understand the consequences of incorrect lifting
- Understand the mechanics of the spine and muscular system
- Understand the 8 principles of safe lifting
- Anatomy and injuries
- Principles of Safe Handling
- Lifting Techniques
This course combines lectures on the above modules along with a video.
A certificate will be issued on successful completion of the course and will be valid for 3 years.
How to Book:
Phone: +353 1 820 0678